Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Differability...


I had the great pleasure of teaching at one of my favorite scrapbook stores, Ever After Scrapbooks over the weekend. It was so much fun hanging out with everyone!!! So many made my trip memorable...I know you know who you are!! :)
Today I wanted to post about an AMAZING and SELFLESS individual that came to my class. Her name is Jennifer Lundy! Since I met her, I've seen a lot of selfless acts from this gal. We met in Los Angeles when another friend invited me to be part of a Cricut infomercial.  It's a good thing I went or I would have never met this wonderful person. We spent SIX hours together pretending to be friends scrapping together for this recording....little did we know that we would REALLY TRULY become buddies!!

That's me cheezing like crazy! Jennifer is the gal with the blonde hair. You can't see her face.
The reason why I'm doing this blog post is because I'm so impressed by all this gal does. She is the mom of four beautiful kids. Three of her kids have autism. She has done so much to see her children succeed. She drives almost 200 miles a day to take them to school!! That's amazing!!! They donate a lot of hours to help other kids with autism as well!

We were talking about her children and I was impressed when her daughter told her she didn't like the word dissability. She prefers DIFFerability!! I love it!!!
Here is her definition of it.
I want to let her know how much I love her and appreciate the examples she has shown me.  She's an amazing mom, wife, and friend! I feel so lucky to have her in my life!!



Hugs

3 comments:

Gina Lideros said...

I like the term "differability" that is a great way of looking at things in a positive light. Looks like you had a fun trip!

Michelle said...

Awwww what a great blog post ♥

Connie said...

So glad that you got the chance to get to know Jen! She is a very special person!
Scrappy hugs and new follower too!
Connie
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com