Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life is too short

Thirteen years ago (13 years, 3 months, and 2 days to be exact) I started a business in my GARAGE called, Bay Area Scrappers. When I was almost ready to open I created a flier and placed it at a scrapbook expo. It was the one and only time I advertised for my business.
I remember wondering if I would hear from anyone. I advertised it as a place where you could meet friends in more of a home setting so that you could feel like family.
Lo and behold I was amazed when I started getting phone calls and emails.
I remember one particular gal. She stood out to me for many reasons and because of those reasons we became good friends. We've attended parties together, we shared stories, we talked about religion, and I photographed her family. She was nuts thinking I could create a layout for ANY photo she gave me. LOL
Last night, I found out that she was terminally ill.
I read the email once, went to my room, closed the door, and cried.
This morning I went back to see if the email was still there or if it was a dream. I wasn't dreaming.
I don't know what to do as I know I can't help her get better physically.
I don't even know what to say to her. What do you say? I can't be selfish and just cry.
My heart is broken for her and her family.
Life is too short.

4 comments:

Chilispice said...

Beautiful post, Suzy! I will share. Let's talk later. I didn't get your msgs because I was already asleep. Hugs!!!! We all need them.

Gina Lideros said...

So sorry that this is happening to your friend. It seems so unfair. The best thing that you can do for her is just be there for her and let her know how much she means to you. Hugs

Anniebee said...

Oh my, Suzy! I know what a painful ordeal this is now and will be in the future for both you and your friend. I have been through something similar when I found out my younger sister had stage 4 breast cancer. Everyone is different, of course, but she told me that even though people feel uncomfortable talking about it, it was talking about it that really helped her deal with it and prepare for the inevitable. God will give you the right words to say when it's time for you to speak them. I will hold you both up in prayer.

Barb said...

Be there for her as much as you can. Tell her you are lost and don't know what to do.. don't avoid her. She needs you now more than anything.
God Bless
hugs
Barb