Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Helping to raise funds & awareness to end breast cancer

I LOVE my "job!". I enjoy traveling, teaching, and having fun with all my scrappy friends. Each event is memorable to me but I'm going to be honest...there is ONE event that means more to me than any other event I am a part of. I get emotional just thinking about it.
The event I love is called Survivor crop and is put on by Ever After Scrapbooks in Vista, Ca. Survivor Crop is a 24 hour crafting event that takes place in October every year and raises money for the San Diego Affiliate of Komen for the Cure. The people that help with this event are simply amazing! They donate tons of hours, money, and love to make Survivor happen! All the girls that attend the fundraising crop work hard for MONTHS collecting tons of money to donate. My favorite part is at midnight when they announce how much money was raised! Everyone dances, cheers, and hugs!! Some of US cry over the overwhelming emotion we feel!!! If you are in the area, PLEASE come and donate!!! I leave for the event this Thursday to donate time, do the make n' take, teach (one Basically Bare and 2 flower classes), and hang out with everyone!!!!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzy West

1 comments:

Katrina said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! hugs, Katrina