Monday, August 15, 2011

Life brings changes...

Life brings change...

Sometimes they are little and no big deal and some are huge and can change your entire life. Like many of you, I have been dealing with a lot of change in my life.

Our family keeps pretty busy...especially me. I've been working on a lot of projects that have to do with my professional life that have made a difference in our family life.
This last week, I said NO to some more really big projects.
I made an easy decision to put other more important things FIRST. The main one is right here.

SIERRA


As you know, my little one is having surgery this week. I've kept busy doing a lot with her as she will not be able to do a lot after her surgery. She'll be in the hospital for possibly a week and then stuck at home for a week. She'll start 5th grade right after so I need to make sure she's totally recovered. I appreciate all the wonderful emails and phone calls about your concerns for her. Many of you have asked what hospital she'll be at. She'll be at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View. Her surgery is on August 18th.
Another big change...
My heart has been heavy the last few weeks over other family members. As you know, I'm very close to my family. I love my family with my entire being and I would pretty much do anything to make sure they are safe and happy. Recently I learned about some very disturbing news that had to do with my niece and nephew and since then, it's been very hard for me to sleep, eat, or think. I've had several conversations with my family expressing how upset I am and how I expect changes to be made...NOW!



As of last night, our family made the decision to bring him to stay with us. I'm so happy to welcome him into our home. It is a temporary situation but while he's here...he's MINE. I want nothing but to love him, feed him, and take care of him. He's been through so much and I just want to see him smiling over happy good things. Jeremy is up right now cleaning out his room because they will be staying together. I'm so proud of my son. Last week we talked about getting him a brand new bedroom set that was more "grown up" as he's entering his senior year of high school. As of last night...we made a decision to go the opposite direction and get bunk beds so that they have space in the room. My heart jumped as I looked at him and with a smile on his face he said, "that sounds good to me." I went into his room and noticed all of his clothes everywhere and all the drawers were open. I asked him what he was doing...he said he was condensing all of his clothes because he was going to share the room equally with him and so half the drawers and closet are for Robby. Love my kid.
Okay so I've talked about a lot of big changes...I want to tell you about a little change. A few days ago..it was a big change for ME...so not! LOL I'm re-doing my scrap area. I started it last week and then had to drop everything. Seriously...everything is everywhere right now. This is all I have done since we started. A lot of you know that I'm working on my scrap area and want to see pictures...this is all I have. Once It's complete I will show you more. I picked up baskets, jars, and more stuff but I haven't gotten to it yet. I need to finish picking up stuff and getting the other items taken to donation.



This week will bring many changes as we get used to having another teenage boy here and taking care of Sierra as she goes into surgery and then starts the recovery process...to a change that is supposed to make her life better.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...we definately need them. Hugs, Suzy West

9 comments:

Lindsey Alves said...

Suzy - you are an amazing woman, with an amazing heart! Your kids, your nephew... they are so lucky to be blessed by having you in their corner! So you had to turn down some projects - others will come along, and your family is always most important! I will keep you all in my prayers as Sierra goes through her surgery and recovery! And I will pray that things work out for your nephew! Love you - and if you need anything, all you have to do is ask!

Susan said...

Suzy you are such an amazing woman and have done an awesome job raising your children. They are all so sweet, loving and unselfish. I hope all goes well with Sierra and that your nephew finds the peace and support he needs. :)

Katrina said...

Suzy Suzy, my thoughts are with Ms. Sierra this week and please keep us updated when you can.

You are an amazing woman and it is wonderful that you protect the ones you love, good for you there needs to be more of that in this big ole world....

hugs, Katrina

Gina Lideros said...

wow, lot's of changes going on. I am glad that your nephew will have a happy, safe, and loving home to stay at. You are doing a great job raising your kids and I know you will do a great job with him too.

Suzy West said...

Thanks so much everyone! You guys are always such a great support to me!!!
Hugs

The6ofusinca said...

I was born at El Camino Hospital. What an amazing place with amazing doctors. Prayers for Sierra.

Blessings and love to your new family member, your nephew will be smiling and happy in no time!

Projects can always be put on the back burner. Family always comes first!
xoxo
Jen

Suzy West said...

Thanks for the scoop! I'm visiting the hospital tomorrow. I can't wait to see everything. I heard the hospital is even better now since they fixed it all up. I love her surgeon!
Hugs

MARION said...

Good luck for the surgery Sierra. Suzy you've got such a big heart and that's returned in your family
Big hugs
Xxxxxx

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

You are such an amazing and generous woman and I'm so happy to call you my friend. Let me know if I can do anything for you! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Hugs for little Sierra! :)