Friday, August 12, 2011

In just 6 days...



I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth....in just 6 days, Sierra will be having the surgery that we've talked about since she was born!

It's what we have always been scared of...but KNEW it would be good for her when she finally had it.

In 6 days, her daddy and I will drive her to El Camino Hospital in Mountain View so she can have her spleen and appendix removed.

The thought of them taking her away from me and I'm sure from my arms so she can go into surgery makes me cry.

I want so much for her. I want her to feel better. I want to not look at her and see yellow from her being jaundice. I want her not to tell me she feels tired due to her losing so many blood cells in such a short time.

I'm so grateful to have a family who is so supportive and has such an amazing love for her. My younger brother canceled his trip to Costa Rica to be there. My uncle is taking the day off of work so he and my aunt can be there. Our kids and my parents will be there.

We'll all be there praying for my little girl.

Today, I'm going in to do a blood donation. We want to be prepared in case she needs some.

My whole family asked if they could donate. love them!

If you belive in the power of prayer...please keep Sierra in your prayers.

Thanks for being here for me,
Suzy West


5 comments:

sarah said...

Please let us know if you need anything.

hugs,
sarah.

Debby said...

praying for Sierra from the other side of the world.
hugs!

Mama Bear Stonich's Craft Blog said...

The Stonichs will keep your baby girl in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything

mary t said...

good luck!!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Lots of hugs and prayers for sweet little Sierra! Please keep us update on her!