Monday, April 25, 2011

I can't believe I'm saying it...It's official...

We have set the date for Sierra's surgery!!



It's scary to think my little baby girl will be having surgery but truth be told..it's much needed.
Her little 56lb body has been through a lot!
I still remember being in the hospital two weeks after she was born because she couldn't come home. They couldn't figure out why she was so jaundice and why her levels wouldn't change. They called in a hematologist and she asked me if anyone in our family had a blood disorder. At first I couldn't think of anyone...because I was only thinking of my side...DUH...it takes two people to make her and my husband had Hereditary Sphero Cytosis. The "A-HA" statement from the dr. said it all...my baby had the same condition.
So through out the years, Sierra has had to deal with losing blood cells, feeling tired, and turning yellow.
This is going to help her. She is still going to have some issues to deal with but it's going to be better.
So today...we found out that she's also going to have her gall bladder taken out. Because of her condition it's a given that she's going to have gall stones UNLESS they take it out.
We set a date for June 14th but found out that it was her last day of school, so we changed it for Friday, June 17th. She's set for 10:30am.
I believe in the power of prayer and have a ton of faith. We would appreciate your prayers as well!!!
Thanks for listening and thinking of my little Sierra.
Hugs
Suzy West

3 comments:

piepie4evr said...

I will definitely be praying for Sierra!

Dashy | San Francisco Bay Area Photographer said...

Our prayers are with Sierra and your entire family! God Bless! Everything will be OK. Wishing Sierra a speedy recovery! =)

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

I am so happy that you guys have set a date and send strong prayers your way for a safe procedure! Keep us posted as it gets closer. Hugs to Sierra!