Tuesday, March 08, 2011

My uncle turns 103!!

I'm so excited about celebrating my uncle's birthday!!! He is turning 103 years old next week!!!
This man is amazing!!!
If you saw him in real life...you'd want to put him in your pocket! LOL He's about 4 ft. 8 in. tall! He came to the states from El Salvador in 1944 with the stipulation that he had to join the army. He joined and fought in world war 2!
He also had to have a trade. He took after his dad and was a tailor.
My uncle made a name for himself and did the tailoring for Frank Sinatra, Ronald Reagan, and other famous people.
My uncle believes that education is very important and recently started meeting with the kids in the family because he wants to help them go to college.
This is a picture of him when he turned 100! The city wanted to honor him and he was featured in the news paper.

Love him and feel so lucky to have him in my life.
hugs,
Suzy West

2 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

That is fantastic and so inspirational. Happy Birthday to your Uncle.

Penny Smith said...

That is so cool Suzy! WOW! What a great life and story!