Thursday, August 05, 2010

A blast from the past!

When I was 14 I went to the movies with a lot of friends to see the movie, "the Goonies!" I remember being so excited to see this movie that was going to have one of my favorite singers, Cindy Lauper in it and a really cool cast of actors that were being featured all over Tiger Beat and other cool teenage magazines. I loved the movie and had to watch it a thousand times when it came out on video.
Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the movie, The Goonies and Santa Cruz beach boardwalk celebrated it by playing the movies on the BEACH!!!! It was freaking awesome!!!
Everyone cheered when those popular lines were said such as "Goonies never say DIE" or "first you got to do the truffle shuffle". LOVED IT!!!

We got there early to hang out and play in the water. As you can see by this picture below...the day was GORGEOUS!!!!
Sierra was thrilled to collect shells and build sand castles.

The movie didn't start until 9pm and it got super COLD!!!! We bundled up our little Sierra and Jeremy really good as you can see here!!! You could barely see her face. LOL
Sierra and I having a great time!!!!
They blew up this HUGE screen right on the beach. It was MASSIVE!!!
We had a great time and even though it was crazy cold and I didn't get home until after midnight I would do it again....why? Because I'm one of the original Goonies!!!! LOL
Goonies forever!!!
Hugs, Suzy West

3 comments:

Lori Allred said...

I'm an original Goonie TOO!! I remember seeing it when it came out...can't believe that was 25 years ago. But then introduced it to my kids when I bought the video one day on a whim...it's still a family favorite that we watch often. So jealous, looks like tons of fun!

Suzy West said...

Hello fellow goonianite! LOL
My kids love the movie too!!

Christine said...

Wow that is awesome! Looks like a great day and night. Sometimes you just have to stay up late:)