Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tanner's story

Yesterday I got up at 6am and was out the door by 6:30am. I was so nervous about the surgery that I didn't realize until I was going over the bridge that I was driving on BELOW empty! I have no idea how I made it all the way to Stanford.
When I got there they had just given Tanner meds to help "relax" him. Ten minutes later, Tanner was a happy little guy. He was giggling for everything and his head was all over the place. It was pretty funny but still scary at the same time.

Once he was "relaxed" the nurses got him ready for surgery.


Tanner looking a little confused but "relaxed".

Tanner was taken away. Mommy and daddy were so scared and sad.

Tanner after his surgery. Poor little guy. He woke up and was soooooo mad and scared! He was throwing himself everywhere. He was a lot happier when his mommy and daddy got him.

He's doing a lot better. Mommy and daddy said he didn't want to sleep much last night but wasn't complaining of pain. This morning he woke up pretty good.

Thanks again for all the prayers!



6 comments:

Memory Lane said...

Poor little man! I'm so glad to hear everything went well!

Jen

Laurie said...

So glad Tanner is feeling better! Sending prayers for continued recovery!

Jennifer N. said...

So good to know that he is better and out of pain. What a rough week for all!

erin said...

omg girlfriend, you didn't tell me about the empty gas part, holy mary mother moisia, is that right LOL!!!

Michelle McGee said...

Still thinking about him... please update when you can!

RiNNE said...

oh no! what happened to little tanner?