Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Last night...

I couldn't wait to get home and spend time with the kids. I have been so busy at work that I have come home exhausted and ready for bed. I guess it didn't help that I've been feeling really sick from sinus issues. They are driving me nuts.
Anyways, last night I got home and Sierra's little face just made everything so much better.
We got to spend some time together and it was so nice to just hang out.
Jeremy, Sierra, and I had fun just being silly. Later on she asked me to sleep with her. She was so cute. She was trying to sleep and would open one eye because she could tell that I was staring at her. She'd smile and then close her eyes again. We did that for a while until she really fell asleep. I felt truly blessed to have this little angel is my life. Just seeing her beautiful face and those cute little eyelashes made my heart skip a beat.
I left the room and went to tell my son how much I loved him and how handsome he was. He is such a sweetheart. I tried to remember when I was 13 and how hard things were at that age. I asked him if he wanted to talk. He said, "no." I asked him if he was happy, and he looked up at me and said, "yes." Gave him a kiss and let him finish his homework.
Last night, I felt lucky to be a mom!!!

2 comments:

erin said...

awe...

Laurie said...

....so sweet!!!