Saturday, January 28, 2006
We have a saying here. What happens in the garage...stays in the garage. It's been our motto for a long time and we love it!!! It gives us permission to be as crazy as we want to be, say what we want to say, and do what we want to do...Of course the craziest one of us all is ME!
I can't tell you how much I enjoy my nights with my girls!! They are so much fun!! Our Friday night group is our crazy pixie stick group!! They are the craziest!!!
Anyway, tonight we had a great time!!! We talked about_____________! You would have died laughing if you heard about_______________ and I couldn't believe when I said____________!! That should have never come out of my mouth!!!LOL
I'd tell you gals but like I said, what happens in the garage.................stays in the garage!!!!
I'll miss you gals!!!! See you when I get back!! Hugs
Thursday, January 26, 2006
I gotta be honest. I LOVE what I do, but there isn't anything glamorous about doing it!! LOL
Getting ready for CHA is and always has been ((a lot)) of work. Teaching classes is a lot of work. Creating projects for an upcoming book is hard. Imagine having to do all of these things at the same time. It's madness I tell you!LOL
I'm getting ready to leave for CHA. I've been desiging projects and have some of my designers creating as well. I've been finishing up some last minute things, making phone calls, making sure my class stuff (teaching a class of 100) is all in order, sending the gals that are coming with me reminders, and I still haven't even started packing!LOL Oh did I mention I have a store of my own that I have to run and a family?
So why do I write this? I have no idea!LOL No really, I guess because it was 2:00 am when I finished one of my last projects last night!!LOL I guess it's because I would like people to know that although a lot of us that design for companies, magazines, etc love what we do, it is a lot of work. It's not a glamorous job. Especially when you have completely lost your mojo and can't think of a single thing to do so you create, take the project a part, create, take the projec a part, create...well you get it.
So how can you tell if ((I)) have been prepping for a big event?
- I'll be wearing the same things I wore the day before.
- I look like I have a chia pet growing out of my head because I haven't combed my hair in who knows how long!
- When I call one of my children their name all of a sudden sounds like this..."Angel, I mean Jeremy, I mean Sierra come over here"
- I look so crazy that my husband tells me HE has a headache!
- I go to bed with a note pad and pen in case I remember something I have to get done or something creative comes to my mind I can sketch it...and when I read it in the morning it says..."go to take a shower you smell!"LOL
Thanks gals for listening to my ramblings!! I look forward to going to Las Vegas this weekend. Hope to see a lot of you there!!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
I love the cover. It's shows one of Krista's and Em's projects.
These books are being donated for prizes at the 2peas dinner at CHA. I can't wait for everyone to see it!!!!
Thanks for looking and for inspiring all of us G4's to keep making more books!!!
So today after running a thousand and one errands, collecting projects from my girls, running my kids to school, and prepping for my trip...I decided to get a hair cut!!!
Although you can't tell because the wind is blowing and I'm a mess from everything else today. I got highlights for the first time in my (((coughcough34coughcought))) years of life. My new hairdresser said I have Virgin hair. For some strange reason, I felt good about that!LOL
Anyways, we washed, conditioned, cut, and highlighted. I feel great!!
Tonight I'm going to Jeremy's baseball party!! He made the majors this season. He hasn't played for two years and we are thrilled for him. We are going to meet his coach and new team mates and get our schedule! I can't wait to see my little guy play!!
I think that's everything!!! Big hugs
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
To guess tell me the following:
what rack it's on and which paper it is.
For example: The 3rd rack from the left...it's the 11th paper down...it's pink and white paper.
Good luck girls!!!
Her baby shower was great! We played games, ate yummy food, and watched her open her presents. We oooo'd and awwww'd over all the beautiful presents.
Carole doesn't know what she is having yet. I think everyone has told her she's having a boy. I think I've ever said that, but looking at this picture, I think she's having a girl. Angel thinks she's having a boy. Whatever she has, I know she will be very happy. She'll be a super mom and Kevin will be a wonderful dad. I can't wait to see her little baby.
So my predictions on her baby...we'll see in a month how right or wrong I am.
- She'll be having a girl.
- She's going to have reddish blonde hair.
- She will have blue eyes.
- She'll be around 9.5 lbs.
- Will be around 22 inches long
- She'll be very fair
- She's going to be beautiful like her mommy.
- She's having a boy.
- He's going to have dirty blonde hair.
- He will have hazel eyes
- 8lbs 10 oz.
- 22 inches long
- Very fairion
- He will be handsome.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Everyone that knows me, knows that I'm such a perfectionist about my pictures. But this one as crazy and unprofessional as it looks is my favorite. Don't ask me why but when I look at it, it makes me see that not every family is perfect, and that we make mistakes sometimes, and not always do we see everything that is going on but the bottom line is that we love each other very much and there is nowhere else we'd rather be but here with each other. I don't know why I feel like this but that is what I feel when I see this picture. It's my view. *hugs*
Sunday, January 22, 2006
This is Sassy. She is the craziest dog you will ever meet. She's almost one. She still doesn't sit when we tell her too. She refuses to stay when we ask her too. She will go Cujo on you if you try to brush her which leads me to these pictures. Sassy HATES to have her hair combed and to get her hair cut. Each time she's gone to the groomers she acts up. This last time was the worst!! She kept attacking the groomer everytime she would see her coming towards her, so I was asked to hold her face as she attempted to cut her hair. By the time we finished I was COVERED in hair, the woman had gone on about 5 breaks to have a cigerette, and Sassy was shaved completely EXCEPT her face because the woman was to afraid of her. So look at her face. She has a beard, a huge hair ball on her face, and her ears are completely uneven. Also, the woman apologized but said she refuses to ever cut her hair again and referred me to groomers that could sedate her to cut her hair! They cut her hair really short this last time so we wouldn't have to worry about her getting a haircut for a while but Sassy has been freezing so it was off for a shopping spree. This is one of her outfits. She loves it!!!
Friday, January 20, 2006
You see before you, three EXHAUSTED gals!!! We got together last night to create projects for Canvas Concepts. We all worked, took care of kids, drove all over, and see all this paint???? Yeah, painted and created some awesome projects for CHA!!! (These are some of our canvases from our Trading Spaces line.) We had so much fun creating but after a while were EXHAUSTED!! I wonder if it was because it was 11:45pm when we ended? I went to bed exhausted!!!
So today I drove down to San Francisco to deliver our projects and to pick up more product to create even more projects!!!
I just finished getting things ready for our sale and our crop tonight that ends at midnight!!! Have to be ready for tomorrow's sale in the morning and our crop/sale tomorrow night that also ends at midnight!! On Sunday...I'm sleeping!!!
Thursday, January 19, 2006
1. First time you got kissed: 12
How was it? yucky!! He tried to french kiss me and I thought it was gross.
2. First time you drove a car: I was 17
What kind of car? It was a Honda Prelude
3. First time you scrapbooked: 11 years ago
When you look at your page do you love it? Oh it is UGLY! The lady that was teaching me how to scrap told me to silouette everything!! (I was scrapping my wedding pictures)
4. First time you went on a date: 16
Where did you go and with who? We drove around all night. It was cruise night and that's what kids did back then.
5. First time you fell in love: 15
How did you know? I ooodled over him all the time. Everytime I saw him I felt my knees melt.
6. First time you cooked for someone: 19
Was it yummy? What did you make? It was gross!!! I tried to make a steak for him. It was so nasty!!!
7. First time you got on a plane: 7
Where did you go? Were you scared? My family took me and my brothers to Mazatlan.
8. First time you shaved your legs: 12 years old
Did you cut yourself?I tore my legs up!! I still have a scar from that first experience.
9. First time you put one make up: 12
Looking back how did you do? Did you look good or like a clown? I actually did a good job! I use to do my friends make up. People were always amazed at the eye shadow combo's I use to put together.
10. First time you moved out of your home: 18
Was it an apartment, house, etc? It was an apartment with my boyfriend.
Don't forget to send this to three bloggers!!!!
I sent this to the following bloggers:
Heather D. White
His name is Rick Springfield!!! Let me tell you about how much I love this guy:
1. I listen to him atleast once a day. One song? No the whole album!! One time? No, I run it through until someone makes me turn it off!! At crops it's usually Laurie or Rebecca. Oh and Michelle brings her Ipod because she can't stand listening to him.
2. My husband and I have an agreement that if Rick was ever super drunk and blind and and could feel my extra five or so rolls on my body I get a freebie with him no questions asked!
3. You can talk about my scrapbooking..my messy house...my husband...BUT NEVER talk about my Rick! UNLESS, you are going to say how wonderful he is.
4. I have had atleast 1000 dreams about him. We have been a happy couple in my dreams!! Mr. & Mrs. Rick Springfield!!! Sounds good huh???
5. CONFESSION: ONe time I was sooooooooooooo not in the mood...Paul told me to pretend he was Rick Springfield!!! We has the best night ever!!!!!!!!! (Can't believe I just admitted to this)
6. I would like someone to call Oprah (or any talk show host) and have her do a dream come true type of show where I am the gues and Oprah says..."I hear you're in love with RIck Sprinfield! Today is your lucky day! He's here!!!" He would sing to me, give me a kiss, and I would express my love for him. ANYONE is welcome to do this for me!LOL
If you've read through this rambling...wow you must like me...or think I'm crazy!LOL Either way....it's true!!! I love Rick Springfield!!!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Four jobs you've had in your life:
- Burger King--my very first job. I took this job because every weekend was cruise night and all the hotties hung out at Burger King!!!
- Claires Boutique--My second job. I loved this job because all I did was hang around my friends and pierce ears!! When I was bored? I'd pierece my own!! I'm such a dork. If you see me close up look at my left ear. I have about 10 holes you can still see. I went up to 14. What? I was 15!! LOL
- Contempo--The job where all the cool girls worked at!! So I had to get a job there!! All my paychecks went to buying MORE clothes!! I also met three gals that were the wildest chicks ever!! Once we followed New Kids on the block to Arizona!! On the last day of their tour they gave us back stage passes to hang out with them. One of my friends really hung out with one them! Actually it was Marky Mark. He was Donny's older brother and one of the body guards!LOL
- I can't remember the name of this place. It was a guys clothes store in Hayward, Ca. I wanted to work there badly because the guys there were HOT!! I met a ton of rap stars when I worked there!! I also met a ton of uniform babes! They use to come in and try to "recruit" others. Sure they did!! One tried to recruit me to the back seat of his car! didn't happen!
- Star Wars--Stop laughing!!! I kid you not I'm the hugest Star Wars geek you will ever meet!!! Ask my kids!! I love them all. My favorite one is the first original.
- Lord of the Rings--I'm such a dork!! I can watch these movies over and over again. My husband gets so annoyed if he comes home and I'm watching it. My favorite scene is in the last movie when the hobbits are kneeling before the king and he says, "you bow to noone" and the whole kingdom bows before them. *enter sob sob* I ball at that part.
- Sweet Home Alabama--I love this movie. It's so sweet and funny. It always brings a smile to my face.
- My Best Friends Wedding--This movie is so stinkin' cute I can't get enough of it!! It brings a huge smile to my face every time I watch it!!
Four places you have lived:
- Daly City--I was born in San Francisco, ca and lived in Daly City until I was 8. I moved to Fremont, ca where I have lived at all of these ((coughcough34coughcough)long years! EXCEPT for the...
- 6 months that I lived in Castro Valley, Ca. We moved there about a year after we were married. We saw the cutest apartment building up in the hills and knew we had to live there. So why only 6 months long? Because my parents live in Fremont which is only 15 minutes away and I felt I was to far!LOL Yes, pathetic I know.
Four tv shows you love to watch:
- CSI--Love this show!! Have to watch both CSI Miami and Las Vegas. They ROCK!!!
- Survivor--I can't help it, I'm a huge REALITY SHOW JUNKIE!!! I have watched every season!
- The Bachelor--I love this show. It's so fun to watch!
- Grey's Anatomy--This is my very favorite show right now. Can't get enough of it!!!
Four places I've been to on vacation:
- Los Angeles--This is the #1 place we go to every year. Disneyland baby!!!
- Las Vegas--I love this place. It doesn't matter what time it is, it's always fun!
- Mexico--I love going to Mexico. This last year we took a cruise there. It was so much fun and beautiful!
- Utah--One of my favorite states to visit is Utah. I love to go there. There is so much to do.
Four websites you visit daily:
- Two peas in a bucket--I live there.
- Pink Martini--Great place!!
- Notions-Marketing---I place a lot of my orders for the store there.
- sorry that's it. I'm boring.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Steak and vegetables--at the Outback stake house baby!! YUMMY!!
- Cheeseburger--at Red Robins
- Ravioli de portobelo--at Olive Garden
- Chicken Fajitas--at Chevys
Four places I'd rather be right now:
- Auburn, Maine--with my friend Jenn!! Love ya girl
- New York--With my parents. They are on a business trip there right now.
Four Bloggers I'm tagging:
- I have NO idea!! I'm not sure who all the bloggers are so I'll get back to you.
We have new sizes that are coming out at CHA. One of these sizes is in this project. The canvas that says DREAM on it is our new 4x12. It's such a fun size to play with. I asked the company to please create this size because it would go well with a lot of our other sizes including these two that it's hanging with.
Michelle, created a project for me. If you are going to CHA you will see it there. If not, you can view it here. It is so awesome!! It also shows some of our new sizes. I also asked Nichole to create items for me. She did a fabulous job on her canvases!! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of it but if you are going to CHA you will see it there!!
So I've been busy creating for CHA . I've also been busy creating for the stores I am going to be teaching at. The first store I'm going to belongs to my friend Jen. I met her through 2peas in a bucket. (I love this site. It's full of talented scrapbookers.) She was visiting California with her friend and came to visit my store. We got to talking and she invited me to teach at her store that she was opening in Auburn, Maine. That was just about 5 or so months ago. I'm so excited to go visit her again in March. She's become one of my closest friends. Some of the other places I'm going to are Los Angeles, Boston, Cape Cod, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and New York. I look forward to creating projects for these stores and teaching others to work with canvas. It makes me feel good to see their smiling faces when they see what they have created!! *hugs*
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
I said over and over again that I would never have a blog but low and behold here it is. Do I know what I'm doing? Ummmm...NO. Do I know what to write? Ummmm...NO. So why start a blog? I have no idea but by golly I'm doing it!LOL
So what are you going to be seeing or reading on my blogs? Well I guess I'll be showing you a lot of my layouts. Kinda like this one of Paul and I. This is our latest picture of me and my honey. My dad took it on Christmas this year.
I think I'll also be posting alot of my favorite pictures. I LOVE photography and go crazy with my camera(s). Like this blog that I said I would never create. I always said that I wouldn't go digital and well guess what? I've gone digital and I love it!!! For Christmas this handsome man standing next to me got me a Nikon D70S. It's the most awesome camera I've ever played with. The quality is excellent and very easy to use. I totally recommend it.
Well now that I've bored you to death with my babbling, I want to thank you for checking out my blog!! Big hugs to you!!