Monday, November 20, 2006

Thankful to the man above.

The last few years have been really good to me and my family. Business has been good for both Paul and I. We have three healthy wonderful kids. We also have a beautiful grandson that gives the sweetest smiles that could brighten anyone's day!! We always have food on the table and a roof over our heads.
Sounds good right? Well there has been something missing in my life. I know what it is too. Since all these wonderful things started happening I stopped going to church. I stopped thanking my Heavenly Father for all that I have. How could that happen? He is the man that has listened and has answered all of my prayers. He's the man that has brought me confort when I've been sad. He's the one that has given me all the things listed above.
I've had the missionaries come over a couple of times and we've been invited to different events. I've been avoiding going. The other night Paul got a phone call from one of our members to invite us to our ward Thanksgiving party and Paul told him he'd talk to me about it. We talked about it and decided to go. It was by far the best decision we made. We enjoyed ourselves so much!! It was the first time that the entire family had been in the church building together in years! Yes, years! We had such a good time that I decided that night that I would go to church the next day. I asked my family if they wanted to join me and they all agreed!
I have not felt so much love in a room in such a long time. Every lesson taught was as if they were created for me. I know with out a doubt that this is where I needed to be. Sierra had a great time. Jeremy loved it. Angel was thrilled to be there with her family and I felt great sitting in a chair next to my husband listening to such spirital and inspirational words.
While singing a hymn I looked in front of me where my son was sitting (we had to many people in one row so we sat in two, lol) I saw my son who actually was singing as well. If you know Jeremy you know that he is as shy as they come. He never sings. It filled my heart so much to hear him singing such beautiful hymns. I couldn't help but take a picture with my phone. I made a decision that when ever I was home I would always be in church on Sunday. I am so thankful to my Heavely Father for what he has given me. Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I will be thanking him that day for everything and everyone that is around me. I am so blessed! May you all have a wonderful week!!!
Hugs, Suzy West

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Excellent!! It's such a wonderful feeling to go back to church and feel so full of love! It's also so wonderful to know how much your church family misses you and welcomes you back with open arms! Beautiful post sister!! And, since we're saying thanks....thanks for being such a great friend!!

erin yamabe said...

i know what you mean, girl! it took us a decade, yes 10 years to finally have found our current church. awesome for you and your family suzy! you're quite a blessing in my life, too you know:)

thanks for being who you are! you brighten my world:)

Kent said...

Wow - what a great post. What a great time of the year to get back into church too! Kind of puts the whole Christmas season in perspective. It's more than just shopping and putting up decorations isn't it?

Celia said...

Awwww...what a wonderful post Suzy!!!