Monday, July 24, 2006

Had a blast at CHA!!!!!

I don't even know where to start!!!! CHA was such a wonderful experience for me!! Michelle, Nichole, and I flew in on Tuesday night. That night was the craziest night EVER!!!!
We arrive in Chicago around midnight. We get out and it was hot and super humid!!! OMG!!! We thought we were going to melt. We call for the shuttle to get us. The lady says, "sure, he'll be right there!" Time starts flying and we are seeing less and less people until there is noone but us!LOL Michelle went to call and returns. They told her that "shuttle service had stopped for the night!" Ummmm they advertise free 24 hour shuttle service?LOL so I call and talk to the lady and she says the driver came by and saw noone and left. We can get a cab and they will pay for it!! OMG unless the shuttle became the invisible shuttle noone came for us. We saw nothing but each other!LOL
Okay so we finally get to the hotel and go to the room and can't believe it's so small!!! You could barely move in there!!It looked like the room for the munchkin people in the Wizard of Oz!LOL Even the beds were smaller than normal!!! Michelle and Nichole shared a bed and it was funny because they couldn't move at all!! Michelle who is just a tad taller than me had her feet hanging off the bed!LOL We started laughing!!!LOL by 3am we didn't know if we should just stay up or if we should try to sleep!!! So we called for a roll a-way bed. They brought it up and we almost pee'd our pants. You could see the springs from within the mattress!LOL
We finally fell asleep!! The next morning we go down stairs to eat breakfast and they tell us that they have stopped breakfast already...it was 10am? Okay. They also didn't do lunch and they had no food during the weekends!!! OMG!!!! I will never stay at the hotel again!!! I don't want to put the hotel's name on here. It rhymes with bourtlard!LOL We booked a room at the Doubletree as we left the Bourtyard hotel!!!LOL

Okay on to better news....I taught a class at one of the most amazing stores ever!!!! Windy City Scrapbooking!!! What can I say???? It's awesome!!! The girls there are terrific!!! Christine...YOU GO GIRL!!! Susan thanks for everything!! You are so great! Al girl!!!! You are the bomb!!!! Love ya love ya!! Thanks to everyone that took my class!!!! I had a blast with you all!!!! Here are some pictures from the class!!!

Group shot of my class!!! Hey there girls!!!!

This is part of their classroom!!!

Some of the gals at Windy City that created their all about me book.

Can't wait to see you all again!!!!

I didn't get a chance to get my camera out during cha. I'm so glad I got some with the following gals!!

Christine and I!!! Hey there girlie!! You are so awesome!!!

Samantha..what can I say...I love ya girl!!!!


Leah!!! You are by far one of the sweetest gals I have ever met!! Love ya!

A group shot of Christine, Samantha, and Shauntee!!! Hey girls!!

So those are all the photos!!! I didnt' get a chance to take a picture of the new book at Design Originals. They said it is doing great!! YEAH!!!!

I am so excited....We got another book deal!!!! It was an idea that popped into my head during our flight. I couldn't wait to find my publisher to pitch the idea. She loved it!!! We will start working on it asap!!!

Our Canvas Concepts booth was so fun!!! Thank you Nichole and Michelle for doing such a great job!!!! Donna, love ya girl!!!! It's always fun to hang out with you!!!! Thank you to everyone that stopped by our booth!!! It was a pleasure to see and/or meet you!!!!

Hugs, Suzy West

10 comments:

erin yamabe said...

yippee, so happy you had a blast, too funny about the *bourtyard* though...glad you got into a doubletree! can't wait to see all the new products that you will have rollin in!

you were missed suzy!

Laurie said...

I wish I had been there with ya'll! Can't wait for the Jackson getaway!! Wahoooooo!

Cecile said...

sounds like great fun, Miss Suzy!!!! Will drop byt his week for a touch of the sale!!! can't wait and welcome back!
Cecile

PROLIX said...

How lucky you are!

It's really wonderful & beautiful pics!

Hope we'll soon have the same in France!

you seem havin' a lot of fun!

great!

rani said...

tooo much fun!!!!!!

Peggy said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

Tawnya said...

Great pics! Looks like so much fun! :)

Veronica said...

Another book deal?!? Stop it, already!

Peg said...

Looks like you had some fun Suzy!!!

Cynthia said...

Hi, Suzy! Looks like you had tons of fun! :) COngrats to your new book!