Thursday, April 20, 2006

wrists, ribbons, and beds oh my!


Okay so what do you do when you find your daughter tied up to her bed? Well in normal circumstances you'd be afraid but in this situation you have to LAUGH!!!!

Last night we tried to get Sierra to go to bed and stay there for about two hours.
We would put her in bed. She would come out later and want something to drink.
We put her back into bed. She would come out and say she was hungry.
We put her back into bed. She would come out again.

Finally, I told her to get to bed and stay there or she's be in trouble. She looks at me and says, "mommy, my body says it can't stay in bed. Maybe I should tie myself to it." I laughed and left.

About an hour later, I go to check on her and what do I see? Her little wrist has a green and black ribbon tied around it. So I go to take it off and it's stuck to something. What??? It was tied to the bed!! She really truly tied herself to the bed to keep herself there. I had to cover up my mouth and run out of the room because I was bursting inside with laughter.

This morning I asked her why she did that, and her reply was, "I didn't want my body to run away from the bed so I tied myself to it!" arlighty then. I was speechless.

10 comments:

Ti said...

what more could you say... so so cute!

glo said...

soo cute! kids really say the cutest things!!

BonnieRose said...

very funny!
kids are so great.

Diane said...

Hi Suzy!!
It's Diane from Jen's store in Auburn ME!!
I laughed so hard when I read ur post!! TOO CUTE!!!! Ahhhh kids!

mommato4boys said...

absolutely hilarious.....my son try to tell me that he knew he was supposed to stay in bed, but his "head" kept telling him to get up!

Kent said...

What a cute story!! You have to scrap that!

Disney Scrapper said...

To cute.

Cyndi

Nanner said...

That is too cute!!!!

Betsey Terry said...

too cute Suzy! and funny thing is..she TOTALLY looks like you in that picture..when I read it at first I thought someone took it of you falling asleep while working on a project...too funny!

Janelle said...

Hilarious!