Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sassy, the dog




This is Sassy. She is the craziest dog you will ever meet. She's almost one. She still doesn't sit when we tell her too. She refuses to stay when we ask her too. She will go Cujo on you if you try to brush her which leads me to these pictures. Sassy HATES to have her hair combed and to get her hair cut. Each time she's gone to the groomers she acts up. This last time was the worst!! She kept attacking the groomer everytime she would see her coming towards her, so I was asked to hold her face as she attempted to cut her hair. By the time we finished I was COVERED in hair, the woman had gone on about 5 breaks to have a cigerette, and Sassy was shaved completely EXCEPT her face because the woman was to afraid of her. So look at her face. She has a beard, a huge hair ball on her face, and her ears are completely uneven. Also, the woman apologized but said she refuses to ever cut her hair again and referred me to groomers that could sedate her to cut her hair! They cut her hair really short this last time so we wouldn't have to worry about her getting a haircut for a while but Sassy has been freezing so it was off for a shopping spree. This is one of her outfits. She loves it!!!

11 comments:

Sande Krieger said...

Suzy - she's a cutie! I need to find some cute outfits for my pups but the are so small they don't even fit in the x-smalls.

Lisa said...

Cute dog, but sounds like you might want to consult the "dog whisperer". I saw an episode where he trained a dog that was having the exact same problem. He's really good, good luck :)

Wife2TJ said...

She's so cute I can't believe that story about her, she looks so sweet. What a cute outfit too.

angieoh! said...

What a total sweetie by the looks of her! I can't hardly believe your story :)

em said...

Oh my gosh, this picture is so adorable!!!

Becky said...

Sassy is so cute! That's funny about the lady refering you to someone that will sedate her. At least she is cute!

Cheryl said...

Suzy,

OMG...she is an EXACT TWIN of my dog, Roxy. Roxy also hates to go to the groomer, so I have a groomer that brings her van to my house, but we keep her clipped short like Sassy! They are such smart dogs, aren't they? What a cutey!

Kiersten said...

Suzy- She is too adorable!! I never really respond to "celebrity's" blogs, but I felt compelled when I read your comments on your pup! The book I'm reading, "Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog" by John Grogan is about a dog that is kooky and crazy. You might want to check it out- it's hilarious!!! Love your work!! ;-)

Jill said...

poor sassy! she's still a cutie pie :)

Anonymous said...

OMG...your dog is the cutest!!! I gotta ask though, is Sassy a Shih-Tzu? I have a Shih-Tzu named Oreo who also hates getting his hair combed, nails trimmed, and hates the groomer.

Sorry for going Anonymous..Im on my laptop and cant remember my blogger password..lol

Sonya

Anonymous said...

omg just what i was looking for! i have a two year old monstrous 15lb shihtzu that HATES the groomer more than anything on this earth. He also cant stand being brushed anywhere but along his back so you can imagine how quick he matts around his face and legs. When I came home from college, he was a complete disaster (thanks to my neglectful little bro). The groomer refused (he was too severly matted to be bathed and wouldnt let her go near him with the clippers) and I had to pay $200 to have him partially sedated when the vet couldnt even get all his mats! I have an appointment this week to have him completely knocked out and shaved (another $200). Id been browsing blogs for hours searching for a picture of a shaved shihtzu so that id have a positive outlook on my gizmos new look. Thanks so much, I cant wait to pick up some funky threads for my baby boy